Saturday, March 7, 2009

When I was in high school and even my first two years of college, I would spend a lot of money on useless, un-needed stuff.  I would buy a lot of clothes and then hardly wear them, I would also buy a  lot of music and movies.  I am not entirely sure why things have changed now, but now i do not spend much on consumer goods.  
I have read the blogs of my fellow students, and a lot of the people talk about how one of there goals is to spend less on clothes and unneeded items.  That is not a goal I set for myself because over the past year, I don't see that this is a problem for me.  Eve at my work,we are able to set up monthly accounts, which we pay-off at the end of the month.   I see things that I want at the store, but unless I find something that I know exactly what I am going to do with it I don't buy it.  I have worked at Treasury since September, and I am pretty sure that I have had the lowest account balance of all my other co-workers every month since I have worked there.
I am still trying to figure out what about me has changed, I have a job, I have money to spend, but I usually don't choose to spend it.  
As for my other quarterly goals, 1 of them is easy, but the other two are a little harder to achieve.  I have been doing them, but it takes a more conscious effort to actually achieve them.  I can but all sorts of organic and local foods, but it is harder to actually cook it up and use it when I am so busy with my school work and do not come home it 9 or 10.  It is also difficult to take the bus to work sometimes, my bed is so comfortable and most days, it seems like a much better option to stay in bed for an extra 1/2 an hour, but i usually pull myself out of bed so I can make the bus in time.
Dead week is coming up, good luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment