Thursday, March 12, 2009

Old Town

Last week I wrote about how I rarely spend money on consumer items anymore, but after I wrote that I realized that the place I spend my money is on going out to eat with my friends.  My good friend loves to go out to breakfast, as do I.  She usually goes out at least once a week.
This morning we went to Old Town Cafe, it was great. I have always enjoyed there food and the service is really nice. I also don't feel to guilty when I do eat there, because
1) I am supporting a local business
2) They make their products with organic product
3) And, they also get their products from local suppliers.  
They support Edeleen Dairy from Lynden and Odwalla from Seattle.
Even as the quarter is coming to a close, I am still going to work on my goals and also continue to re-evaluate them and re-do them when I need to.  One of my new goals is going to be to not eat out as much, and if I am going to go out I want to go out and eat at local restaurants, instead of the huge franchises that are seen on almost every roadway.

So my thought for the week is Buy Local, and support our community members. And if you haven't tried Old Town, you really should, it is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment