Saturday, February 28, 2009

Last night I was on campus until almost 10:30, filming a video for my Management 313 class.   My group and I were filming in Parks Hall and I am pretty sure that we were the only ones in the entire building, and if there was anyone else it was the cleaning crew.  I was disappointed though because all the lights in the hallways were on and the lights were also on in the workroom for the faculty and staff on the third floor.  
Everyone keeps discussing the budget cuts that need to be made, so why should we be wasting electricity with having all the lights on, on a Friday night.  I know that the new building has censors in the hallways so that when there is no movement for a certain period of time, they turn off.  Maybe the university should invest in the same things for all the buildings.  The upfront cost would be expense, but it could pay off in the long run and reduce the electricity bill.


No comments:

Post a Comment